Wrestling News

Changes To NXT TakeOver & Hall of Fame | Wrestling News Update, March 17, 2020

With news on NXT TakeOver, Hall of Fame, WrestleCon and more; Matty Deller brings you the Wrestling News Update.

MISSED ALL THE BIG NEWS IN WRESTLING? DO NOT FEAR WE WILL COVER ALL THE BIG STORIES IN ONE PLACE; THIS IS THE WRESTLING NEWS UPDATE!

NXT TAKEOVER AND HALL OF FAME NOT TAKING PLACE ‘AS PLANNED’

Following their statement to the media regarding WrestleMania, WWE have also confirmed (sort of) what is happening with NXT TakeOver Tampa Bay and the 2020 Hall of Fame.

In their statement, WWE said;

“The WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony and NXT TakeOver will not take place as previously scheduled. We will share further details as they become available.”

F4WOnline have alluded that NXT could do some form of an NXT TakeOver event airing from the Performance Center, likely the Wednesday before WrestleMania to combat the fact AEW are continuing to host Dynamite from an empty Daily Place Amphitheatre.

THIS WEEKS NXT TO HAVE ‘MODIFIED FORMAT’

WWE have announced that this Wednesday’s NXT on USA show will break format from their usual presentation.

In a statement on WWE.com, they said;

“It will air as regularly scheduled in a modified format with elements ranging from in-depth character profiles and story breakdowns as well as never-before-seen interviews and content.”

NEXT WEEK’S RAW AND SMACKDOWN TO BE HELD IN WWE PC

According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE has moved this Friday’s SmackDown and next Monday’s Raw to their Orlando-based Performance Center to continue their recent closed set run.

Friday’s SmackDown was scheduled for the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, LA, but the arena has suspended all events through April 13th. Monday’s Raw will also be at the Performance Center, originally scheduled for Fort Worth, Texas, at the Dickies Arena. They posted that the event is postponed to a SmackDown on Friday, July 21st instead.

WWN WRESTLEXPO POSTPONED

In the aftermath of WWE moving WrestleMania 36 to the WWE Performance Centre, events taking place across the week leading up to the week have also fallen victim to the COVID-19 pandemic.

WWN’s Wrestlexpo has announced that their various events have been postponed indefinitely. In a statement made by EVOLVE’s Gabe Sapolsky, he also said that they will begin to reach out to ticket holders over the next few weeks on refunds and other options as they attempt to collect thousands in deposits and other expenses to help cover it.

The Expo included shows like the WWN SuperShow, PROGRESS, wXw, EVOLVE 150 and many more.

WRESTLECON CANCELLED

WrestleCon has also been officially cancelled, as announced last night on Twitter.

The comprised of the Mark Hitchcock Memorial Supershow, World Wide, Joey Ryan’s Penis Party 2, and Ethan Page’s Body Guy Extravaganza. Other shows included the New Japan Lion’s Break Project 3 show and the Impact Wrestling One Night Only throwback show but Impact hasn’t announced the news yet themselves.

GCW’S THE COLLECTIVE POSTPONED

Game Changer Wrestling have also announced that this years The Collective has been postponed. They are offering refunds, but also are hoping many keep their tickets for the rescheduled dates.

They said shows like Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport, Joey Janela’s Spring Break 4, Effy’s Big Gay Brunch, Warhausen’s WrestleVania, and others will be packaged together on a future date.

DTTI 2020 POSTPONED

Fight Club Pro has confirmed that this years Dream Tag Team Invitational has currently been postponed until July.

On their social media accounts, FCP made this decision to move the show due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but this could also change, due to government advice.

ROH CANCELS ALL SHOWS UNTIL END OF MAY

Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Ring of Honor has cancelled all of their events through the end of May.

Supercard of Honor XIV in Lakeland, Florida, Pure Excellence night one in Columbus, Ohio and Pure Excellence night two in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Battlestarr 2020 in New York City, Quest for Gold in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and this year’s War of the Worlds tour with NJPW are all shows included in the cancellations.

ICW POSTPONE SHOWS

Insane Championship Wrestling have announced that they are postponing their next three events.

22nd March in Newcastle, 5th April in Glasgow and 26th April in Glasgow as well have all been moved to the 25th of July, 13th September and September 27th respectively.

THREE HUGE STARS ANNOUNCED FOR NEXT WEEK’S RAW

WWE has confirmed that WWE Champion Brock Lesnar and Drew McIntyre will both be on next week’s episode of RAW ahead of their Universal Title match at WrestleMania.

In addition, Randy Orton will also appear on the episode and respond to Edge’s challenge for a last man standing match at WrestleMania.

Comment

Latest Content

To Top