Will Ospreay wins Best Of The Super Juniors, wins a shot at the IWGP Championship.
The UK’s Will Ospreay has become the winner of New Japan Pro Wrestling’s 2016 Best of Super Juniors tournament at Tokyo’s Korakuen Hall. Ospreay wins the tournament to become the first ever Englishman to claim victory in the elite tournament.
The competition, which is a round-robin style tournament where a wrestler scores points, will now see Ospreay receive an opportunity to wrestle for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship.
— LARIATOOOOO!!! (@SenorLARIATO) June 7, 2016
Will Ospreay enters the history books alongside other BOSJ winners inclusing Ricochet (2014), Finn Balor (formerly Prince Devitt in 2013 and 2010), Kushida (2015), Kota Ibushi, Minoru and Jushin Thunder Liger and many more.
- Jay White defeated David Finlay
- Chase Owens & Yujiro Takahashi defeated CNJ and YOSHITATSU
- Juice Robinson & Katsuyori Shibata defeated Manabu Nakanishi & Yuji Nagata
- reDRagon & Hiroyoshi Tezan defeated Roppongi Vice & Tomohiro Ishii
- Matt Sydal, Ricochet, & KUSHIDA defeated Volador Jr., Tiger Mask, & Jushin “Thunder” Liger
- Michael Elgin & Satoshi Kojima defeated Bad Luck Fale & Kenny Omega
- BUSHI, EVIL, SANADA, & Tetsuya Naito defeated Gedo, YOSHI-HASHI, Hirooki Goto, & Kazuchika Okada
BOSJ 2016 Final:
- Will Ospreay defeated Rysuke Taguchi