MISSED ALL THE BIG NEWS IN WRESTLING? DO NOT FEAR WE WILL COVER ALL THE BIG STORIES IS ONE PLACE; THIS IS THE WRESTLING NEWS UPDATE!
NJPW 47TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW RESULTS
[Replay ‘Anniversary Event’ on Mar 6th, 2019]
7TH MATCH: ANNIVERSARY DAY SPECIAL SINGLE MATCH @WillOspreay vs. @JayWhiteNZ!! #NJPWWorld Watch now▶︎https://t.co/Tj7UBINesh #njpw #njpw47th pic.twitter.com/5mxRkf1EkJ
— njpwworld (@njpwworld) March 6, 2019
- Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Chase Owens and HIKULEO def. Togi Makabe, Toru Yano, Ayato Yoshida, Shota Umino, and Ren Narita
- Tomohiro Ishii and YOSHI-HASHI def. Yuji Nagata and Toa Henare
- Satoshi Kojima, Tiger Mask, Ryusuke Taguchi, Dragon Lee and Tomoaki Honma def. Minoru Suzuki, Taichi, El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Taka Michinoku
- Roppongi 3K def. Shingo Takagi and BUSHI, new IWGP Jr. Tag Team Champions
- Taiji Ishimori def. Jushin Thunder Liger, still IWGP Jr. Champion
- Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada, and Hirooki Goto def. Tetsuya Naito, EVIL, and SANADA
- IWGP champion Jay White def. NEVER Openweight champion Will Ospreay
TOMMASO CIAMPA OUT NEEDING SURGERY
Early this morning, rumours started swirling that NXT champion Tomasso Ciampa was injured and required major surgery to correct the issue. Unfortunately, WWE ultimately confirmed yellow brand fan’s worst fears. Click here to read more.
205 LIVE SEMIFINALS SET FOR NEXT WEEK
The semi-finals of 205 Live’s Number One Contender’s Tournament are set for next week’s episode of 205 Live. The semi-finals see Tony Nese taking on Drew Gulak and Cedric Alexander meeting Oney Lorcan. The eventual winner of the tournament will face champion, Buddy Murphy at WrestleMania 35.
NEW UNITED STATES CHAMPION CROWNED
At last night’s SmackDown, a new United States Champion was crowned. With Rey Mysterio, Andrade (formerly Cien Almas) and Samoa Joe all answering R-Truth’s open challenge. The now-former champ stood little chance in the 4-way match. It was Joe who ended up walking away with the belt, his first title since moving to the main roster.
ROUSEY POSSIBLY LEAVING AFTER WRESTLEMANIA
It looks very much like Ronda Rousey will be taking some time away from WWE after WrestleMania 35 is finished. Ronda isn’t advertised for any shows following the RAW after WrestleMania. Ronda also isn’t advertised for any house shows after the 17th of March.
It has been known for a long time that Ronda and husband Travis Browne have been thinking about starting a family. In an ESPN interview with Ramona Shelburne in late January, the RAW Women’s Champion said:
“I’ve not kept it a secret that I would definitely want to start a family, but how do you go about doing that? I love this way more than I thought that I would. So do you just keep going until you just happen to get pregnant? Or should you stop and go try and get pregnant? Or is going and trying to get pregnant putting yourself on the spot and then you’re less likely to get pregnant? I’ve never had a baby before, I don’t know these kinds of things.”
Ronda is signed to a multi-year contract with WWE, but unusually she is allowed to choose when she works. With her seeming to enjoy wrestling, most expect her to make her return at some point in the future.