Six men put it all on the line to vie for the Cruiserweight Title at SummerSlam. Who will be the one?
- We open with 205 GM Drake Maverick talking 205 Live getting back to normal after his match with Mike Kanellis last week. Maverick said Kanellis is still welcome to compete in the cruiserweight division, and he won’t do anything to hurt Kanellis’ career professionally. He then hyped tonight’s six-pack challenge main event, with the winner facing Drew Gulak at SummerSlam.
- Humberto Carrillo vs. Lince Dorado ended in a double count-out.
- Humberto Carrillo took out Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik with a dive after the match.
- Tony Nese talked about overcoming adversity and wanting to take back the Cruiserweight title, adding that he doesn’t know where he stands in the division if he doesn’t win.
- When then see Ariya Daivari backstage with Lince Dorado, trying to stir the pot between the Lucha House Party. Dorado said he’s proud to be a part of the House Party but Ariya says that Kalisto is in the six-pack challenge and he thinks Dorado deserved that shot.
- Gallagher said he wants to fight Gulak to prove to him that he can beat him, becoming champion on his first try.
- Tozawa said that he knows what it’s like to lose the title at SummerSlam so he’ll let Gulak know what that feels like as well.
- Oney Lorcan defeated Tony Nese, Jack Gallagher, Kalisto, Akira Tozawa, and Ariya Daivari via pinfall to become number one contender to WWE Cruiserweight Title.
- Drew Gulak and Oney Lorcan stared down to close the show.