WWE EXECUTIVE V.P OF TALENT TRIPLE H ANNOUNCED A PRESS CONFERENCE EARLIER TODAY THAT THERE WILL BE A UNITED KINGDOM CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.
A 16-man tournament will be held over two nights over the 14th and 15th of January 2017 in Blackpool, England to crown the first ever U.K Champion.
Triple H, real name Paul Levesque, said during this press conference at the o2 Arena in London that “Our passionate U.K. fans deserve to have their own Champion. The tournament is the next step in our ongoing strategy to create localized content for our global WWE Network, develop another brand that engages our passionate fans, and add a new dimension to our on-going storylines.”
The list of talent is a who’s who of United Kingdom and Ireland based talent, ranging from PROGRESS Tag Team Champions, ICW World Champions and the inaugural PCW Heavyweight Champion.
WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament Participants
- Current PROGRESS Tag Team Champion and Chikara Campeonatos de Parejas Trent Seven
- Current PROGRESS World Champion Pete Dunne
- Current ICW World Champion Wolfgang
- Former PCW Tag Team and Heavyweight Champion Tyson T-Bone
- Pro Wrestling Ulster’s Tucker
- OTT Wrestling’s Jordan Devlin
- PROGRESS Graduate ‘The Body Guy’ Roy Johnson
- Former WCPW Heavyweight Champion Joseph Conners
- HC Dyer
- Jack Starz
- Sam Gradwell
- James Drake
- Dan Moloney
- Chris Tyler
- Saxon Huxley
- Ringo Ryan
- Tiger Ali
Alongside this, former ROH World Champion has signed up with WWE, and will be providing commentary for the two day event, alongside NXT General Manager William Regal and Michael Cole.