AEW President Tony Khan will be in attendance at the Impact Wrestling Rebellion pay-per-view event on April 25. The main event will feature AEW World Champion Kenny Omega vs. Impact World Champion Rich Swann with both titles on the line.
Khan talked about in an interview with Busted Open Radio why AEW hasn’t been promoting the PPV event on their television show.
“People have asked me why I haven’t gone out and spent a lot of money promoting [IMPACT Rebellion]. It’s when I’ve gone to [IMPACT], I’ve had to pay to buy ads. It’s on [IMPACT]. Kenny Omega will be wrestling for the IMPACT World Title. It’s possible Rich Swann could be AEW World Champion next week. It’s also quite possible Omega will be IMPACT World Champion. It’ll be interesting.”
An ad for IMPACT Rebellion did air during Wednesday’s broadcast of AEW Dynamite.
In a previous interview, Khan noted he will be at Rebellion and will be bringing AEW referee Aubrey Edwards with him.
The Impact Rebellion card is set for the following matches:
- Rich Swann versus Kenny Omega – title versus title match for both the Impact World Championship and the AEW World Championship
- FinJuice (David Finlay and Juice Robinson) versus The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson) for the Impact World Tag Team titles
- Deonna Purrazzo versus Tenille Dashwood for the Impact Knockouts Championship
- Ace Austin versus Josh Alexander versus TJP for the Impact X Division Championship
- Matt Cardona versus Brian Myers
- Trey Miguel versus Sami Callihan
- Chris Sabin, Eddie Edwards, James Storm, and Willie Mack versus Violent By Design (Eric Young, Deaner, Joe Doering, and Rhino)
- Fire N Flava (Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz) versus Jordynne Grace and TBD