BECKY LYNCH TO MAKE A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT TONIGHT
— WWE (@WWE) May 11, 2020
Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported that tonight’s episode of RAW will feature a major announcement regarding the career of Becky Lynch. WWE semi confirmed it later, promising a major announcement.
Haven't been injured. Haven't been talking much lately. So #Raw can't come soon enough.
— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) May 11, 2020
Becky has been RAW Women’s Champion for almost 399 days at this point, winning the belt from Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35.
Becky has been off RAW for a number of weeks now, part of which was spent making an on-screen appearance in the Showtime drama Billions. This, combined with her rumoured part in an upcoming Marvel film has led some to speculate a move away from the ring.
Becky was already scheduled to appear on RAW, billed as confronting the Women’s Money in the Bank winner, Asuka, this appears to have been shelved though.
WWE TO END BRAND SPLIT, ADDRESS STATUS OF INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE
POST Wrestling has said that WWE is set to introduce a ruling that will allow for some crossover between Raw and SmackDown. This is due to numbers significantly declining on both shows.
Reportedly, the ruling will be introduced on tonight’s episode of Raw with the hope that it will be a simpler version of last year’s ill-fated Wild Card rule. Their source also indicated that this idea came at the request of the networks, who have seen record low ratings in recent weeks.
POST have also been told that the status of the Intercontinental championship will be addressed this week, with the current champion Sami Zayn not being present at recent shows at the WWE Performance Center.
MORE DETAILS COME TO LIGHT REGARDING DEL RIO ARREST
Following yesterday’s news that former WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio had been arrested, more information has come to light. Click here to find out more.
NEXT WWE PAY PER VIEW ANNOUNCED
During last night’s Money in the Bank, WWE announced that their Backlash pay per view would be their next big event. The show is due to take place on June 14. The location of the event wasn’t given, but due to the closed-door nature of current wrestling, it will most likely take place at the Performance Center.
WWE Backlash started in 1999 and ran every year until 2009. After returning in 2016 shows also ran in 2017 and 2018, before taking a break in 2019.
VINCE MCMAHON WANTS SHORTER WWE PAY PER VIEW
The length of the last two WWE pay per views hasn’t gone unnoticed. This year’s WrestleMania was the shortest for years, even split over two nights. Last night’s Money in the Back show lasted for only 3 hours and 24 minutes, that’s including a one-hour kickoff show. With the actual show only lasting 2 hours 24 minutes, that’s not just one of the shortest pay per views ever, but shorter than an episode of RAW.
According to Paul Davis of Wrestling News, the decision has come directly from Vince McMahon. Apparently, whilst wrestling is still taking place behind closed doors, Vince wants the trend to continue.
Many have praised WWE’s move to shorter shows, calling for the current format to continue.
COLT CABANA ADDED TO CASINO LADDER MATCH
Your second entrant in the Casino Ladder Match is @ColtCabana!
Is he your pick to win?
Order Double or Nothing on Saturday, May 23rd, via @brlive nationwide or @FiteTV for our international fans. pic.twitter.com/NlaObHub1y
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) May 11, 2020
Colt Cabana has been added to the casino ladder match booked for Double or Nothing.
Colt joins Darby Allin with other participants to be added later. The winner of the match will earn a shot at the AEW World Championship. Headlining the event, Jon Moxley defends the AEW World Championship against Brodie Lee of the Dark Order. Additionally, the first TNT Champion will be crowned when Cody meets Lance Archer in the final of the TNT Championship Tournament.
Double or Nothing is set to take place on May 23.
SU YUNG RE-SIGNS WITH IMPACT
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) May 11, 2020
Mike Johnson of PWInsider first reported that Su Yung has re-signed with Impact. According to Mike, Su has signed a multi-year deal. Su announced her departure from Impact in March as her contract expired. Apparently the two sides have been trying to get a deal done since then, but have only just managed to come to terms. The news has since been confirmed by Impact Wrestling.
GALLOWS, ANDERSON, AND HAWKINS ALL FILE FOR TRADEMARKS
The three wrestlers, all who have been recently released by WWE, have all recently filed for various wrestling-related trademarks, please see below:
Karl Anderson has filed a trademark for his SouthPaw Regional Wrestling character, ‘Chad 2 Badd’.
Curt Hawkins has filed for two terms, ‘Never Defeated’, and ‘Prince of Queens’
Luke Gallows seems to be going a slightly different route, filing for ‘TALKNSHOPAMANIA’. The filing was done through his Wrestlemerica company. The name links in his the Talking Shop podcast and was listed for use in live events.