JOSH BODOM FIRED BY REVPRO OVER REFEREE INCIDENT
RevPro ‘severs ties’ with Josh Bodom and strips him and Sha Samuels of the British Tag Team Championship following an incident at Summer Sizzler. Click here for more.
CODY RHODES APOLOGIZES FOR OFFENSIVE CHANT AT TRIPLEMANIA
Cody Rhodes has said sorry over an alleged homophobic chant he took part in at this years TripleMania event.
Following his, Psycho Clown’s and UFC fighter Cain Velasquez’s victory, Psycho Clown asked Rhodes and Velasquez to join in as they led a “puto” chant towards their opponents, a term that is looked down upon for its homophobic nature.
SB Nation’s Outsports contacted AEW about what happened last month and received the following statement from the promotion.
Cody joined his teammates at AAA TripleMania for what he understood to be their post-match tradition in Mexico and was unaware of any negative connotations. Certainly the last thing Cody would want to do is to hurt or offend anyone, anywhere.
NJPW ROAD TO DESTRUCTION: BLUE JUSTICE IX RESULTS
- Young Lion Cup: Yota Tsuji defeated Yuya Uemura via submission.
- Young Lion Cup: Shota Umino defeated Ren Narita via submission.
- Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HSAHI, Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma defeated Alex Coughlin, Karl Fredericks, Clark Connors and Michael Richards via submission.
- Bullet Club (Chase Owens, El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori) defeated Will Ospreay, Robbie Eagles and Toa Henare via pinfall.
- Hiroshi Tanahashi, Ryusuke Taguchi, SHO and YOH defeated Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki, Zack Sabre Jr., DOUKI and Yoshinobu Kanemaru) via pinfall.
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (SANADA, Shingo Takagi and BUSHI) defeated CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto and Rocky Romero) via submission
- Los Ingobernables da Japon (Tetsuya Naito & EVIL) defeated Bullet Club (Jay White & Gedo) via submission.
- Yuji Nagata, Jushin Thunder Liger, Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan and Manabu Nakanishi defeated Bullet Club (The Guerrillas of Destiny, Jado, Yujiro Takahashi and Bad Luck Fale) via submission.
ROH GLOBAL WARS ESPECTACULAR NIGHT TWO RESULTS
- Top Prospect Tournament Semi-Final: Austin Gunn defeated Dante Caballero via pinfall.
- Silas Young & Josh Woods defeated Okumura & PJ Black via submission.
- Sumie Sakai & Jenny Rose defeated The Allure (Angelina Love & Mandy Leon) by disqualification.
- Proving Ground match: ROH Television Champion Shane Taylor and Joe Hendry went to a 15-minute time limit draw. Due to this result, Hendry is now owed a ROH TV Title opportunity.
- The Briscoes (Jay & Mark Briscoe) defeated The Bouncers (Beer City Bruiser & Brawler Milonas) and Rey Bucanero & Hechicero via pinfall.
- Rush defeated Barbaro Cavernario via pinfall.
- Jeff Cobb, Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham defeated Caristico, Stuka Jr. & Triton via pinfall.
- Colt Cabana defeated Dalton Castle, Kenny King, and Marty Scurll via pinfall.
- ROH World Title: Champion Matt Taven defeated Volador Jr. via pinfall to retain his title.
- Chicago Street Fight: Villain Enterprises (PCO, Brody King & Flip Gordon) defeated LifeBlood (Bandido, Mark Haskins & Tracy Williams) via pinfall.
GCW ANNOUNCE REPLACEMENT FOR JON MOXLEY AT BLOODSPORT II
Jon Moxley was scheduled to face Josh Barnett at GCW Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport II, but due to the MRSA infection in his elbow Moxley is currently out and won’t be able to make the event on September 14th.
Josh Barnett took to twitter and announced that Chris Dickinson will be Moxley’s replacement in his match in Atlantic City.
JACOB FATU VS L.A PARK ANNOUNCED FOR MLW PAY-PER-VIEW
At tonight’s War Chamber television tapings, it was announced that LA Park will challenge for Jacob Fatu’s World Heavyweight Championship at MLW Saturday Night SuperFight on November 2nd at Cicero Stadium in Cicero, Illinois.
LA Park earned this title shot by cashing in the golden ticket that he earned by winning this year’s Battle Riot match.