After the National Lockdown ends on December 2, England will return to a tiered system. The government has announced that Sports and Performance Arts in Tier 1 and Tier 2 will allow a number of fans into its arenas. This includes Professional Wrestling.
Whilst the hotly debated subject of where “Professional Wrestling” should be in terms of legislation. Sports facilities have been told to close during national restrictions and community sports are also no permitted however, the performance arts guidance is more appropriate as Wrestling is for entertainment purposes.
Performance Arts guidance states that companies need to have;
- Safe use of backstage areas for performers.
- A one-way flow through buildings with floor markings.
- Participants and Visitors must maintain social distancing where possible.
- Front & Back of “house” Zones
- Social Distancing in terms of “interacting” with the audience.
According to Performance Arts regulations, arenas within Tier 1 and Tier 2 areas can reopen with social distancing and limited audiences, while those within Tier 3 will remain closed. For more details, see below.