NXT UK REPORTEDLY NOT SUFFERING ANY CUTS
Just spoke to a source who has confirmed that WWE NXT UK will be making no cuts to its roster at this time. Also the roster are getting paid in full and will not be furloughed as they are all self employed!
— Tony Quant (@TopRopeTony) April 19, 2020
After a very dark week in WWE history, some news has emerged which should reassure at least one corner of the WWE family. Mirror Sports’ Tony Quant has reported that NXT UK stars are not to be cut at this time.
On Wednesday of last week cut were announced from RAW, SmackDown and NXT. The cuts were made to save WWE money ahead of their first-quarter earnings report due next week. While the cuts were happening, fans of the UK brand kept looking for names of their favourite superstars, these never materialised. In Tony’s short message he states that due to the self-employed nature of the talent on the UK roster, all will be paid in full and none will be furloughed, although this does come with a healthy warning that this is true at present, but may change.
DAN MATHA REVEALS HE WAS INVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT BEFORE RELEASE
Boy do I have a crazy ass story to tell all of u. From the 🌎 getting locked down, too getting ejected through my 🚘 window and then being released by the Wwe. It’s been a wild, I mean WILD 21 days. Tune in to my IGlive at 1 & I’ll Drop all the details ur little ❤️ could desire. pic.twitter.com/uux5l9TTJa
— Dan Matha (@Dorian_Mak) April 19, 2020
Former NXT wrestler Dan Matha tweeted earlier, revealing that he had been involved in a particularly nasty car accident less than three weeks prior to being released from NXT.
Dan posted images of the nasty injuries he has sustained, including a deep laceration on the back of his head. Dan included pictures of the car he had been travelling in, which has obviously suffered a major impact on the front driver’s side. Dan was apparently thrown through the windscreen, with both the hole in said windscreen, and cut to the back of his head as supporting evidence. Dan added in a subsequent message promising that he was alive and well.
Dan debuted in 2016 for WWE, taking part in many house shows for both WWE Experience and NXT. His biggest match for the company came in 2018 when he took part in the Greatest Royal Rumble match in Saudi Arabia.
DUSTIN RHODES ADD RETIREMENT STIPULATION TO TNT TOURNAMENT MATCH
Shocking clip from the next episode of “Road To”:
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) April 18, 2020
This week on AEW Dynamite Dustin Rhodes is set to take on Kip Sabian in the quarterfinals of the TNT Championship tournament. Yesterday AEW shared a clip of Cody picking up a voicemail from Dustin. In the message, Dustin said that if he couldn’t beat Kip, he’d retire.
Hey man, it’s your big brother here, I want to run a couple of things by you. As you know, I soul search every single fu**ing week, right? I’m always asking the question, can I still do this? So, my would searching has led me to this, this TNT tournament is the most important thing I’ve done since wrestling you at Double or Nothing, hands down. To be the first TNT Champion means every fricking thing you can possibly imagine to me. So, one of the things I’d want to discuss with you, and I’d really like to talk to you about, I’d rather talk than text or voicemail you. Look, this guy Kip Sabian is no joke, ok. If I can not beat that son of a bitch, I will retire. So give me a call back will you man? See you later buddy, I love you.
MATT HARDY SEGMENT SET FOR DYNAMITE
— The #MULTIFARIOUS Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) April 18, 2020
Matt Hardy has tweeted that he will return to Dynamite this week, with new footage from the Hardy Compound.
Hardy has been going back and forth with Chris Jericho’s Inner Circle since his arrival in the company. Two weeks back a segment aired with Matt and Vanguard One burning an Inner Circle t-shirt and referring to the group as a dumpster fire. In the same segment, Matt Hardy invited Chris Jericho to the Hardy compound for “The Elite Deletion”. Chris is yet to respond to the challenge, although Chris has been airing his only material from his home.
Yeessssss!!! This message is once again directed to the kingpin of the circle that is internal, and that is you, the dastardly Chris Jericho. I must know, I need to know do you accept my invitation to come to the Hardy Compound and face me in ‘The Elite Deletion’?
DICK STEINBORN PASSES AWAY
Heartbreaking news this morning, Dick Steinborn passes away at the age of 86. The son of Milo Steinborn (also a wrestler), Dick wrestler for 34 years, winning titles in the AWA and many other places, and was especially huge in California. Our deepest condolences to the family pic.twitter.com/02blkGlfWq
— CauliflowerAlleyClub (@CACReunion) April 18, 2020
Former star of the NWA and WWC, Dick Steinborn passes away at the age of 86. The announcement came from the Cauliflower Alley Club.
Dick debuted in 1951 for Wrestling In Europa, before moving to the NWA in 1955. he remained active for over thirty years before retiring in 1983. During his time competing he also worked for Georgia Championship Wrestling, the International Wrestling Association, and Stampede Wrestling.
Dick was the son of Milo Steinborn, who started wrestling himself in 1930, and retired in 1942.
OTT WRESTLING ANNOUNCE THE CLOSURE OF THEIR WRESTLING SCHOOL
Today we lost our school, a landlord unwilling to work with us in any form. This school meant so much to the scene, trainees and trainers. We will be back with a new and better location soon 💪🏼💪🏼 pic.twitter.com/T1aJ5UIpRZ
— Cabray (@Joey_Cabray) April 17, 2020
In a very sad turn of events, OTT has announced that they have been forced to close their wrestling school.
Joey Cabray broke the news on Twitter, saying that their landlord was unwilling to work with the school during these unprecedented times. Joey promised the school would reopen in due course.
Landlord refused to accept anything less than 100% of the rent we usually pay. In a time he knows it's impossible to earn that rent. I'm glad we're moving, glad we're not giving a man like that any more money. The building isn't the school, it's the people in it. We'll go again. https://t.co/wfu7f0FVyi
— Jordan Devlin (@Jordan_Devlin1) April 17, 2020
In an update posted to Facebook, Joey revealed that he has offered 50% of the normal rent, but Alan Holmes (the landlord) refused. Jordan Devlin then revealed that Alan had demanded every penny of the normal rent. See below for the message posted to Facebook:
Yesterday I had to close down our wresting school based in Dublin, our landlord Alan Holmes of PaintWorld Ltd Dublin evicted us.
Our training ceased on March 11th due to Covid 19, we reached out to try come to a resolution and offered to pay over 50% of the rent during these down times, even though our school can’t generate any income, but ultimately he decided to evict us instead. Our school is important to the young people who train there, we receive zero funding.
On April 15th at 23:40 I received an email stating that I had until April 17th to remove our equipment or it would be put into storage of his choosing and I would be billed. Yesterday some friends and I risked our health during a pandemic to remove equipment and have it stored.
People like Alan Holmes need to be remembered when this is over, landlords like this need to be held accountable.
If that wasn’t bad enough, Alan then demanded that the school’s equipment was removed with little over a days notice.
STARDOM TEMPORARILY RELEASE ENTIRE BACK CATALOGUE ON YOUTUBE
— We Are Stardom (@we_are_stardom) April 19, 2020
In a lovely move, World Wonder Ring Stardom has announced that every back episode of their’s has been released free of charge on YouTube. The move is only temporary, it isn’t known how long the shows will remain available.