GALLOWS & ANDERSON UPDATE
In an update on the continuing saga regarding where the Good Brothers will end up, Gary Cassidy of Sportskeeda has reported that the pair signing with Impact is “pretty much a done deal”.
According to Gary, the pair will work predominantly in the States with Impact, with the option of working in Japan with NJPW when not required.
Gary has also reported that the pair have already been filming material for Impact Plus, the company’s streaming service.
There has been no word from Gallows, Anderson, or Impact at this point. Impact’s biggest show of the year, Slammiversary, is set to take place on July 18, so any deal would have to be finalised quickly for the pair to make an appearance.
WWE ANNOUNCE APOLLO CREWS VS. MVP IN A NON-TITLE MATCH
— WWE (@WWE) June 29, 2020
WWE has announced that Apollo Crews will meet MVP in a non-title match on tonight’s episode of RAW.
The match comes after MVP and Bobby Lashley beat Crews down last week.
Tonight’s show will also see two contract signings for Extreme Rules, Drew McIntyre will agree to meet Dolph Ziggler for the Universal Championship, and Sasha Banks signs up to face Asuka for the RAW Women’s title.
MAJOR NXT UK ANNOUNCEMENT EXPECTED TOMORROW
NXT UK stars have been informed about a compulsory conference call tomorrow but weren’t told any more, according to Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
The news comes amid a huge amount of speculation about the British based promotion. A number of prominent UK based WWE stars have been outed during the #SpeakingOut movement. Both Travis Banks and Ligero have been released from the promotion in the last week. Rumours have popped up that WWE plans to abandon the whole project, while others claim sources have said that there’s nothing to worry about. It’s impossible to know absolutely what will happen, but there are hopes a press release will be issued tomorrow.
INDOOR MASK USE REQUIRED IN JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
At 5 p.m. today, the City of Jacksonville will be adopting a mandatory mask requirement for public & indoor locations, and in other situations where individuals cannot socially distance.
Please continue to practice personal responsibility to help stop the spread of this virus. pic.twitter.com/dcAuolVMyZ
— City of Jacksonville (COJ) (@CityofJax) June 29, 2020
As the COVID-19 caseload continues to rise in the state of Florida, Jacksonville has mandated the use of face masks while indoors and in public.
It’s assumed that the move will have more of an impact on WWE than AEW, the Performance Center is indoors, while Daily’s Place is considered an outdoor venue. AEW has also seen stars wearing masks, notably both Jake Roberts and Orange Cassidy.
There has been no word from WWE as of yet, but there have been rumours that masks aren’t welcome at WWE tapings and shows. We will keep you up to date as this story continues to develop.
NJPW PRESIDENT SPEAKS ABOUT THE PANDEMIC
Harold Meij, President of NJPW, spoke to The Indian Express shortly after the promotions return show following Japan’s state of emergency. In the interview, he talked about New Japan’s response to the global pandemic.
He spoke about the responsibility he feels New Japan has to be a global leader, and in his words, put “caution over profit”.
The responsibility we hold as an industry leader in Japan and worldwide weighs heavily on our shoulders; ultimately this was the only sensible decision we could have taken as a responsible corporate citizen. A business must be viewed as a long-term entity, and I believe our decision to side with caution over profit will in the long term be seen to have been the right one.
WOMEN’S FOUR-WAY GIVEN NEW STIPULATION
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) June 28, 2020
The upcoming women’s fatal four-way match at the Great American Bash has been given a new stipulation by WWE. The match, which will determine the number one contender to Io Shirai’s NXT title, will now be contested under elimination rules.
The four women involved are Candice LeRae, Tegan Nox, Dakota Kai, and Mia Yim.
IMPACT ANNOUNCE NUMBER ONE CONTENDERS MATCH SET FOR SLAMMIVERSARY
BREAKING: A #1 Contenders Knockouts Gauntlet match is OFFICIAL for #Slammiversary on July 18th! @WeAreRosemary vs. @nevaehOi4k vs. @realsuyung vs. @HoganKnowsBest3 vs. @TheTayaValkyrie vs. @RealTSteelz vs. @MrsAIPAlisha vs. @IamKylieRae vs. @Kimber_Lee90 vs. @FearHavok! pic.twitter.com/7xjBrhA8fr
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) June 29, 2020
Impact Wrestling has announced a number one contender’s match, set for Slammiversary for the Knockouts title. Currently owned by Jordynne Grace, the hopeful women will have to survive a gauntlet match for the right to face her.
The following women have been confirmed for the match, Rosemary, Nevaeh, Su Yung, Kiera Hogan, Taya Valkyrie, Tasha Steelz, Alisha Edwards, Kylie Rae, Kimber Lee, and Jessicka Havok.