If earlier most of us treated gamers as a certain caste of people, and somewhere we were sceptical about their choice of virtual reality versus ordinary life. Now it seems that it is better to spend more time in another dimension. It has more attraction. And security. Therefore, there are a lot of players who have arrived in the army lately and the demand for such items as adjustable gaming desks has grown significantly. We decided not to leave this circumstance unattended and to prepare supportive material so that you do not get lost in the search for a suitable desk with which you will have to experience unforgettable moments with a Progressive Desk!
So you have embarked on the path of the game and you have to choose your gaming desk. The desk should be executed in unobtrusive colour schemes. Statistics showed that the majority of gamers choose furniture in dark colours because it does not distract them from spending time in virtuality.
- Height 29.5 in
- Depth 23.6 in
- Length 47.2 in
- The center of the screen is placed at the level of the player’s eyes
- Preferred gaming monitor height – 9.8 in
But today, many manufacturers create tailor-made models that meet your sizes, and you can also create your desk online on the manufacturers’ website.
Before purchasing, you must determine the right location to avoid direct sunlight on your computer. It is recommended to arrange a workplace along a wall or on a corner. You should avoid sitting up against the countertop. Try to make this desk perfectly fit the interior of your workspace. Here’s another thing to consider when choosing a desk:
- To increase the functionality of the desk, you need to take them with additional drawers and cabinets. Expect that in gaming furniture, sliding shelves designed for keyboards are considered inconvenient.
- You need to make sure that when playing you do not lift your head to look at the screen. Let you find the right parallel between the countertop and the line of your gaze.
- Your gaming desk should be environmentally friendly. Choose the manufacturer who will have all the documents on the quality of the goods, guarantees for harming the environment, and provide you with warranty service.
- The tabletop should hold at least three monitors, and all accessories should be compactly placed on it. The keyboard takes up a lot of space, it usually has special panels for programmable keys, as well as steering wheels and joysticks.
- For your desk to last long enough in operation, it must be covered with plastic or good protective material.
So that your cables do not get tangled, do not braid and further, as a result, do not break, it is possible to purchase a desk so that everything is thought out to the smallest detail in this regard. The cables will be so neatly laid that only you will know about it.
If your model is adjustable in height and angle of the tabletop, then your game room will resemble a movie with a futuristic theme.
All your accessories – a sound system, a backlit keyboard, several monitors, like on a space station, and various joysticks, should have a specially designated place behind your desk. With all this arsenal, you can create a playroom that can become a kind of modern museum for your friends.
Here are a few more additions to help make your gaming desk unique:
- You can decorate the desk with stickers of your favourite character. If, of course, you are bored playing (although we doubt it), then now you will not feel alone.
- If you attach LED strips around the edge of your entire tabletop, it will give you a more interactive experience while gaming. In principle, the backlight is offered in the kit, but if not, you can organize it yourself.
If your system unit has a horizontal case, then we recommend placing it on the floor. The monitor, respectively, is located on the tabletop. In the case of a vertical form, then everything can be compactly placed on the surface of the desk or organised yourself a small compartment below for this.
It also plays a role and the type of your monitor. For example, a computer with an LCD monitor is best placed on a rectangular gaming desk. If you have a CRT monitor, then you either need to cut out space on a rectangular desk or just buy an item with a triangular shape.
So that the computer wires do not irritate you and create a feeling of cleanliness and order, they can be hidden in plastic tubes. They will look like quite appropriate details of your overall interior. So now all is ready for your gaming adventure and may it will be the remarkable one!