Publisher Skybound Games and developer Mega Cat Studios have announced RPG WrestleQuest for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (Steam). A release date was not announced.
Developed by Skybound Games and Mega Cat Studios, WrestleQuest will feature a roster of wrestling legends including some WWE Hall of Fame members. WrestleQuest sees players assume the role of a young wrestler chasing his dream of making it to the big time, inspired by the legends that feature in the game.
The game is coming to PC, Xbox, PlayStation and Nintendo Switch sometime this Summer.
Licensed wrestlers in the game include “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Booker T, Andre The Giant, Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Diamond Dallas Page, Jeff Jarrett and “many more” according to the developers.
- Wrestle with Destiny – Take a hero’s journey… in tights! Upgrade from aspiring rookie to world champ by training, learning, glamming, and SLAMMING to the top of the pro wrestling food chain.
- Your Idols Await – Draw inspiration from wrestling icons like Jake the Snake Roberts, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, and even Andre the Giant. Explore worlds based on their lofty careers.
- Heart-Pounding Action – Classic RPG combat meet wrestling moves, match styles, and gimmicks galore.
- Good Guys, Bad Guys, Lizards, Robots, and More – Wild realms, exotic monsters, action figure fighters, and spandexed allies await as this fantasy goes beyond the ring.
- Gear Up on Your Way to the Top – Choose your moves, style, taunts, and even your entrance as you learn what it takes to be the cream of the crop in the pro wrestling world of your dreams.
“WrestleQuest captures the spirit and passion of wrestling, through the lens of an unforgettable RPG experience,” said James Deighan, Founder of Mega Cat Studios.
“Many of the team at Mega Cat grew up watching wrestling and it holds an undeniable nostalgic place for us. This game is a celebration of that world, complete with special fully licensed appearances by some of our favourite wrestlers from the 80s, 90s and today.”