NXT SUPERSTAR, CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH ANNOUNCED FOR EVOLVE EVENT
Kushida will be making his EVOLVE Wrestling debut later this month at EVOLVE 133 in Livonia, Michigan on Saturday, August 24th and EVOLVE 134 in Chicago, Illinois on Sunday, August 25th.
Also, Drew Gulak tweeted saying he will be defending his Cruiserweight Championship against KUSHIDA at the Chicago event.
The rest of the card is as follows:
EVOLVE 133 (Monaghan Knights of Columbus Hall in Livonia, Michigan)
- Matt Riddle vs. Josh Briggs
- EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory vs. Anthony Henry
- JD Drake vs. Arturo Ruas
- Anything Goes Match: AR Fox (w/ Ayla Fox and The Skulk) vs. Joe Gacy
- Curt Stallion vs. Anthony Greene (w/ Brandi Lauren)
- Babatunde vs. Sean Maluta
- Leon Ruff vs. Brandon Taggart
- Stephen Wolf vs. Anthony Gutierrez
EVOLVE 134 (Logan Square Auditorium in Chicago, Illinois)
- EVOLVE Champion Austin Theory defending against JD Drake and Josh Briggs.
- EVOLVE Tag Team Champions AR Fox & Leon Ruff (w/ Ayla Fox and The Skulk) defending against Matt Riddle & Curt Stallion
- No Holds Barred: Arturo Ruas vs. Anthony Henry
- Kendo Sticks Are Legal: Shotzi Blackheart vs. Brandi Lauren
- Babatunde vs. Joe Gacy
- Adrian Alanis & Liam Grey vs. The Besties in The World (Davey Vega & Mat Fitchett)
- Stephen Wolf vs. Sean Maluta
- Anthony Greene vs. PACO
IMPACT WRESTLING AND WRESTLING TRAVEL JOIN FORCES
IMPACT Wrestling has announced that it has formed an exclusive partnership with Wrestling Travel. Click here for the full story.
AEW WOMEN’S TITLE TO BE DEFENDED IN PHILADELPHIA
All Elite Wrestling has announced that the first defence of their Women’s Championship will take place at the Liacouras Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Wednesday, October 16th.
The inaugural AEW Women’s Champion will be crowned on the promotion’s TV premiere on October 2nd.
Tickets for weeks two and three of AEW TV will go on sale tomorrow at noon ET/5pm BST.
TOM PRICHARD JOINS MLW
It was announced today that Dr. Tom Prichard has joined MLW as a senior agent.
In a statement, MLW owner Court Bauer said:
“Dr. Tom is praised for his work with young athletes and we’re thrilled to have him join our staff. As MLW grows, so does our need for more top-level coaches. Few can match Tom’s experience, ability to connect with prospects as well as coach wrestlers to reach their full potential like Dr. Tom.”
Prichard and Glenn Jacobs (Kane) are the founders of the Jacobs-Prichard Wrestling Academy in Knoxville, Tennessee.
SCHADENFREUDE AND FRIENDS 2 SELLS OUT
After a universally adored debut show, Schadenfreude and Friend’s second show has sold out the day of release.
The second show will take place on Tuesday, September 24th, again at The Frog and Bucket in Manchester.
The matches already announced are:
- Mark Davis vs Kris Statlander
- Kyle Fletcher vs Dean Allmark