As Koguma, Hazuki and Mayu Iwatani picked up the win in their match at Year-End Climax 2021 against Tam Nakano, Waka Tsukiyama & Mai Sakurai… As has been the case for the last few weeks, the Momo Attackers stormed to the ring to target the Cosmic Angels and STARS. This time, however, there were three of them! It’s like they just keep multiplying and it’s getting out of control. They knocked STARS out of the ring and went after the Angels.
Lucky for Tam and Co, Mayu made the save. She and Tam hit a tandem Super Kick on the fishing hat-wearing assailant and the mask went flying! One of the Momo attackers has been revealed! I gotta say, I did not see this coming at all folks. The mastermind behind the momo attackers and the entire thing is the one who was revealed and it was…
It was fucking Giulia all along! You can’t see them at all here but Tam and Mayu were stunned by this development. Mayu and STARS quickly left the ring and let Tam and Giulia speak their minds. Here’s what they said to each other.
- Tam: “You! Giulia! What are you doing!? What is this!?”
- Giulia: “Tam Nakano, what do you mean you little shit!? Huh? Cosmic Angels need to get better. Those crappy newcomers! Next year, these two will be new members of Donna del Mondo. We’ll tear apart Cosmic Angels! The same goes for Queen’s Quest, Oedo Tai and STARS. And anyone else. Arrivederci! Merry Christmas!”
- Tam: “If you think you can do it, try it! I’ll be ready for you.”
Ladies and gentlemen this just got really interesting. Let’s look really quick at how the units stack up against each other.
- Oedo Tai: Natsuko Tora, Starlight Kid, Momo Watanabe, Rina, Saki Kashima, Ruaka, Konami, Fukigen Death, Sumire Natsu and Jamie Hayter. Tora and Natsu are sidelined with injury and Jamie cannot travel due to COVID restrictions.
- Cosmic Angels: Tam Nakano, Mina Shirakawa, Unagi Sayaka, Mai Sakurai and Waka Tsukiyama
- STARS: Mayu Iwatani, Hazuki, Koguma and Hanan
- Queen’s Quest: Utami Hayashishita, Azumi, Saya Kamitani and Hina. Hina is inactive due to her studies and schooling, last I heard.
That leaves Donna del Mondo. DDM consists of Giulia, Natsupoi, Syuri, Maika and Himeka. The addition of these two masked women, who apparently will be revealed next year, brings DDM’s total roster to seven women. If Giulia wants to declare war on every other unit in Stardom, then she certainly has the strength of numbers to target everyone but Oedo Tai. Sure, OT is down three members and soon to be four with Konami taking an extended hiatus to tend to her health issues, but they still easily match DDM numbers-wise. It is an interesting development, to say the least, and one that we will have to keep an eye on in the days and months to follow. There has been some speculation online regarding this too in which people seem to think that DDM could be splitting into two factions eventually due to this development. As with most things, this is a wait and see an idea for sure.
It seems to me that Giulia is taking a page out of Oedo Tai’s playbook here. They’ve been targeting the newbies but just made it very clear that everyone is a target. It brings up the idea that there will be all out unit warfare in 2022 and I am all here for that. I wonder how QQ, STARS and the CA will bolster themselves to counter this new threat. Rest assured, they have to come up with something or else DDM is going to run roughshod over all of them.