MISSED ALL THE BIG NEWS IN WRESTLING? DO NOT FEAR WE WILL COVER ALL THE BIG STORIES IN ONE PLACE; THIS IS THE WRESTLING NEWS UPDATE!
UNITED KINGDOM TITLE STOLEN AT EVOLVE SHOW
WWE United Kingdom Champion WALTER has reportedly had his title stolen in Chicago, along with his passport. For more information, click here.
NEXT GROUP OF PERFORMANCE CENTRE TRYOUT ATTENDEES REVEALED
WWE has announced the list of attendees from their latest Performance Center tryout with a former UFC fighter, current Evolve roster member and former ROH talents in attendance.
The female attendees were revealed earlier this week, but the males that were there are:
- Belgian bodybuilder Pierre Bouquiaux
- Former UFC fighter Will Brooks
- Independent wrestler and star of ‘Jersey Shore’ Zack Clayton
- Chaotic Wrestling’s Anthony Catena
- Hampton University linebacker Nigel Cawthon
- Robert Morris University defensive end and independent wrestler Duke Davis.
- NBC Titan Games competitor Michael Evans
- WWN referee Steven Felger
- Australian tag team ‘The Natural Classics’, Stevan and Tome Filiposki
- EVOLVE wrestler Stephen Wolf
- Powerlifter Clifford Fortune
- Belize discus record holder Khambrell Gomez
- Former Canadian Football League player Miles Grooms
- 11-year veteran “The Dark Horse” Nick Cutler
- EVOLVE talent Anthony Henry
- independent wrestler Calvin Tankman.
- independent wrestler Ganon Jones Jr
- House of Truth alumni Palmer Cruise.
- Dudley Boyz trainee Matthew Knotts
- Chilean pro wrestler Ariel Levy
- Former Pro-Wrestling Zero1 talent King Khash
- Hollywood stuntman Pingi Moli
- Bodybuilder and powerlifter Olumide Ogunnaike
- 35-year-old retired Green Beret Roman Rozell
- Brandon and Brent Tate, the former ‘Boys’ of Dalton Castle in Ring Of Honor
- Former NFL footballer Isaiah Williams
ACH QUITS PRO WRESTLING
ACH says he is done with wrestling after a Twitter tirade. Click here for the full story.
REMATCH AND ‘DIVORCE’ SEGMENT SET FOR RAW
A commercial that aired during last night’s SmackDown announced that United States Champion Rey Mysterio will defend his title against former champion AJ Styles next Monday on RAW.
In another commercial, they announced a segment where Rusev and Lana will get divorced.
Monday’s RAW will take place at The Bon Secours Wellness Arena in Greenville, South Carolina.
TWO MATCHES MADE FOR TLC
The Miz and Bray Wyatt will face one another at WWE TLC, announced on tonight’s edition of SmackDown.
They did emphasise that it will be Bray Wyatt and not ‘The Fiend’ that will face The Miz next Sunday.
On last night’s SmackDown, Bray Wyatt held a picture of The Miz’s family during an episode of the Firefly Fun House. An irate Miz went after Wyatt, only to be jumped and dropped with Sister Abigail by the Universal Champion.
In addition, The Revival are set to face The New Day for the SmackDown Tag Team titles once again.
The Revival won a fatal four-way number one contender’s elimination match on tonight’s SmackDown, defeating Shorty G and Mustafa Ali, Lucha House Party and Heavy Machinery.
ONEY LORCAN CLAIMS HE SIGNED NEW WWE DEAL
Oney Lorcan has seemingly settled his issues with WWE and signed a new contract.
Lorcan tweeted earlier today saying:
“I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT I HAVE AGREED TO A NEW MULTI YEAR CONTRACT AGREEMENT WITH WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT MAY THE WRESTLING GODS HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOULS,”
It was reported on November 16 that Lorcan had requested his release from the company. He also started using his indie name ‘Biff Busick’ on twitter.
LARS SULLIVAN BACK IN TRAINING
A video on Lars Sullivan’s Instagram shows WWE Superstar Lars Sullivan back in the gym following surgery on his knee.
Sullivan underwent knee surgery back in June of this year and was expected to be out for six to nine months. Sullivan attempted to work through the injury, but ultimately it worsened. The injury was reportedly described as a “fluke.”
Sullivan made his much-delayed WWE debut the night after WrestleMania 35, attacking Kurt Angle.
TEDDY HART RELEASE UPDATE
Yesterday, MLW announced that they had released Teddy Hart. According to PWInsider, Teddy Hart had actually requested his release several times, starting at the end of November.
Also, according to comments made on his YouTube channel; he felt disrespected by MLW because they didn’t back him up after allegations of his ex-girlfriend missing in the Fall of 2016 and police in Canada were actively pursuing a missing persons case in her disappearance.
He also no-showed several pre-tapes and events, almost causing MLW executive Tom Pritchard to quit the company. There was also issues with him getting too much offence in the opening fall of his two-out-of-three falls match against The Dynasty at War Chamber. Also, several MLW staff were upset at him being in the crowd at an NXT event with an MLW title.
An MLW source told PWInsider;
“We felt Teddy was being not only disrespectful to us but to AEW and NXT and their locker rooms. If he had just been in the back, it’s a non-issue. He was taking away from the talent in the ring with the antics too.”