MISSED ALL THE BIG NEWS IN WRESTLING? DO NOT FEAR WE WILL COVER ALL THE BIG STORIES IS ONE PLACE; THIS IS THE WRESTLING NEWS UPDATE!
PAC SET TO MISS WRESTLECON
WrestleCon sadly announced today that due to visa issues, former WWE Cruiserweight Champion, PAC will miss WrestleCon due to visa issues. In a statement posted on Twitter, WrestleCon apologized for PAC missing the event, explaining that they’d done all they could to arrange a Visa for the star, but were unfortunately ultimately unable to do so. The company went on to explain that the issues would in no way affect PAC working for AEW. See the full statement below:
“We regret to inform you that PAC will not be at WrestleCon. We worked diligently over the past several months with our attorneys to ensure that he successfully received a Visa to travel into the United States. Our Visa application was filed in a timely manner, all fees were paid to attorneys, and all required information was disclosed to government officials. Our attorneys were confident there would be no issue and based on their experience and expectation, we advertised PAC on the assumption there would be no problem obtaining a Visa. However, after exhausting all efforts, we were unable to provide PAC the appropriate Visa to travel and work in the United States. We understand and share your disappointment of this unanticipated outcome, as does PAC.
Further, we would like to clarify that in no way will this unfortunate incident have any impact on his future with AEW. This issue is isolated to WrestleCon only.
Over the next few days, we will issue refunds on all photo ops and autographs that were purchased related to PAC’s appearance at the Convention. We will also replace graphics that featured him, so we appreciate your patience during these updates.”
Unfortunate news regarding PAC. pic.twitter.com/dY5zuztNdD
— WrestleCon (@wrestlecon) March 23, 2019
NEW JAPAN CUP NIGHT ELEVEN RESULTS
- Manabu Nakanishi, Yuji Nagata, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, and Satoshi Kojima def. Michael Elgin, Yuya Uemura, Yota Tsuji, and Colt Cabana
- Shingo Takagi and Bushi def. Shota Umino and Ren Narita
- Minoru Suzuki and The Killer Elite Squad def. Togi Makabe, Toru Yano, and Toa Henare
- Zack Sabre Jr. and Taichi def. Will Ospreay and Ryusuke Taguchi
- Tetsuya Naito and Evil def. Kota Ibushi and Tomoaki Honma
- Juice Robinson, Yoshi-Hashi, Mikey Nicholls, and Hirooki Goto def. Jay White, Chase Owens, Bad Luck Fale, and Hikuleo
NEW JAPAN CUP RESULTS: SEMIFINALS
- Kazuchika Okada def. Tomohiro Ishii
- Sanada def. Hiroshi Tanahashi
STOKELY HATHAWAY MAKES WWE DEBUT
— Malcolm (@Malcolmvelli) March 23, 2019
Stokely Hathaway has made his WWE, debuting at an NXT house show in Tampa, Florida. The former ROH and Evolve wrestler came out as the manager of Babatunde Aiyegbusi and went by the name of ‘Court Moore’. Hathaway came to the ring first and introduced Aiyegbusi as his newest client.