If you were hoping to see WWE 2K22 on Nintendo Switch, there’s bad news as it was not included in the list of platforms officially announced. WWE2K22 will land on three “previous-gen” platforms in PS4, Xbox One, and PC as well as two “current-gen” platforms in PS5 and Xbox Series X|S, with that generation language used specifically in the WWE 2K22 press release.
- WWE 2K22 Standard Edition (PS4, Xbox One, PC) – $59.99
- WWE 2K22 Standard Edition (PS5 & Xbox Series X|S) – $69.99
- WWE 2K22 Cross-Gen Bundle (PlayStation or Xbox) – $79.99
- WWE 2K22 Deluxe Edition (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC) – $99.99
- WWE 2K22 nWo 4-Life Edition (PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC) – $119.99
The Cross-Gen Bundle and nWo 4-Life Edition are digital-only, as well as all the PC versions, but the Standard and Deluxe Edition on all other platforms will be available in physical and digital formats.
WWE 2K22 pre order details for all versions
If they haven’t already gone live, we should see pre-order pages launch for 2K22 later today and in the coming days. Ahead of that, we’ve gotten confirmation of all of the pre-order details across the various editions of 2K22.
The following WWE 2K22 pre-order rewards will be up for grabs:
- WWE 2K22 Standard Edition Pre Order Rewards: Undertaker Immortal Pack with three additional Undertaker personas, MyFACTION cards for Undertaker, plus MyFACTION Perks and Bonuses, including an Undertaker MyFACTION Logo Card, Undertaker MyFACTION Wallpaper Card, and Undertaker MyFACTION Nameplate Card.
- WWE 2K22 Cross-Gen Bundle Pre Order Rewards: All Standard Edition rewards as well as the Starrcade ’96 Rey Mysterio Pack.
- WWE 2K22 Deluxe Edition Pre Order Rewards: All of the Undertaker Immortal Pack contents, a Season Pass to all five post-launch DLC content packs, the MyRISE Mega-Boost and SuperCharger packs, limited edition WWE SuperCard content, and 3-Days Early Access to play on March 8, 2022.
- Only PS5 and Xbox Series X|S copies of the Deluxe Edition will receive the Starrcade ’96 Rey Mysterio Pack.
- Only physical copies of the Deluxe Edition will include the WWE SuperCard content.
- WWE 2K22 nWo 4-Life Edition Pre Order Rewards: All Standard Edition and Deluxe Edition rewards as well as MyFACTION EVO Cards and alternate nWo attires for Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, and Syxx plus a playable Eric Bischoff character, WCW Souled Out 1997 and WCW Bash at the Beach 1996 arenas, and the nWo Wolfpac Championship, and 3-Days Early Access to play on March 8, 2022.
WWE® 2K22 “Hits Different” with High-Flying Cover Superstar Rey Mysterio®
Next installment in WWE 2K franchise set to launch on March 11, 2022, with a redesigned game engine, new controls, stunning graphics, and all-new game modes
New York, NY – January 20, 2022 – 2K today announced the full set of features for WWE® 2K22, the next installment of the flagship WWE video game franchise from Visual Concepts, featuring Rey Mysterio® on the cover in celebration of his 20th anniversary as a WWE Superstar. A globally recognized icon, Rey Mysterio is synonymous with the Mexican tradition of lucha libre – featuring fast-paced action, incredible aerial maneuvers, and masked competitors – and paved the way for many high-flying, agile Superstars. The decorated high-flyer has held multiple championships across his storied career, performing in his own unique style and wearing an array of colorful and iconic masks, proving that “The Ultimate Underdog” hits different. WWE 2K22 is scheduled for a worldwide release on March 11, 2022, and is available for pre-order today.
“Representing the culture of lucha libre as the cover Superstar for WWE 2K22 is a moment of great pride for me,” said Rey Mysterio. “I’m looking forward to sharing the stories behind the big moments of my career with a dedicated community of players and connecting with WWE fans in a whole new way as they play through my 2K Showcase.”
“Throughout his career, Rey Mysterio has staged multiple comebacks to prove his resiliency time and time again, and through it all, has cemented his legacy as a living legend of sports entertainment,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Global Marketing Strategy at 2K. “In that same spirit of resiliency, WWE 2K22 strikes back with a slew of upgrades and community-requested features to give players complete control over the WWE experience.”
All the Features Players Can Handle
From the redesigned gameplay engine to new controls and upgraded visuals, WWE 2K22 is set to look, feel, play, and “Hit Different.” The engine, coupled with WWE 2K’s most stunning graphics to date, ensures an unprecedented level of realism for the franchise. Alongside an updated and intuitive control scheme, as well as an immersive presentation and varied camera angles, players will feel the pressure and reward of every punch, kick, and slam.
Popular game modes including the returning 2K Showcase – starring Rey Mysterio – incorporate new features and updates, allowing players to relive the iconic moments behind Mysterio’s most famous matches. In MyRISE, players chart their own paths to superstardom. With Universe Mode and the upgraded Creation Suite, WWE 2K22 offers players the ability to fully customize their WWE experience down to the smallest details. From taking control over brands, premium live events, match results, rivalries, and more – or creating the ultimate custom Superstar personas, arenas, and championships – players can share all their creations with the global WWE 2K22 community with first-time-ever, cross platform sharing.
In addition, WWE 2K22 will introduce new modes to the WWE 2K experience: MyGM and MyFACTION. In MyGM, players step into the role of a WWE General Manager and call the shots on their way to building the biggest brand in the WWE Universe. From drafting the ultimate roster of WWE Superstars and Legends to developing iconic rivalries and championship showdowns, players will get the chance to take the reins and prove themselves on sports entertainment’s biggest stages. With the franchise-first MyFACTION mode, players can collect and manage their dream faction with weekly events and regular updates, providing tremendous challenges and replay value.