Thanks to Bottom Line Wrestling for allowing us to use this. Make sure you give them a visit.
Wrasslin’ was in my home town and I managed to secure some pretty good seats when the tickets went on sale. When you hear the WOO’s from the crowd, the YES! YES! YES! chants and of course the UCE-OOOOOO from the excited kids, it;s hard not to get excited.
With an impressive looking card showcasing a good set of matches, my expectations were high. Not as high as the cheapest seats though, those nosebleeds up there would give the Attitude Era a run for it’s money.
Anyway, the matches didn’t disappoint and I was left feeling like the £70 price tag per ticket was about average. Read on for my review of #WWELeeds!
After a video package showing Vince McMahon apologising personally to the UK for the delay of the Network (to a chorus of boo’s)
The match card, and results, were as follows:
(1) Adam Rose beat Justin Gabriel.
(2) Adrian Neville (c) beat Sami Zayn (NXT Championship Match)
(3) Natalya, Naomi & Emma beat Summer Rae, Cameron & Layla
(4) Dolph Ziggler (c) beat Cesaro (Intercontinental Championship Match)
(5) R-Truth beat Fandango
– Fandango demanded another match after being beaten by Truth, out comes Ryback (to huge pops)
(6) Ryback beat Fandango
(7) Gold & Stardust beat The Usos (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)
(8) Dean Ambrose beat Kane and Bray Wyatt in a 2-on-1 handicap match.
– After the match Dean Ambrose put Bray Wyatt through a table, with an elbow drop.
All in all the matches were good. The NXT match was amazing and you really can see that both superstars have a bright future. I also really enjoyed the Intercontinental match, again another reason why the future looks bright for WWE. No titles changed hands, which is to be expected, and most of the babyfaces won on the night to please the crowd. But the in-ring talent that WWE has at the moment really does look promising.
This is not even counting the other stars not on the tour, including recent signings such as Hideo Itami, Finn Bálor and Kevin Owens.
The wrestlers themselves even had a back-and-forth with the crowd, including Cesaro giving the finger to a group of fans – and a tweet from Justin Gabirel afterwards claiming he had had enough of the tour and waas catching the next flight home. Diddums.
A high five for anyone who knows who was quoted as saying “If you want the rainbow, you gotta take the rain.”
I can’t agree more in today’s era, just take a look at what is to come and let’s just bide our time with the current product to get to an exciting future!
Because it’ll come Outta Nowhere.
Thanks for reading!
John ‘Huxy’ Huxall | @iHux