MISSED ALL THE BIG NEWS IN WRESTLING? DO NOT FEAR WE WILL COVER ALL THE BIG STORIES IN ONE PLACE; THIS IS THE WRESTLING NEWS UPDATE!
WWE NETWORK OFFERING FREE CONTENT
Earlier today, WWE announced that they are unlocking a vast portion of the WWE Network library for a limited time.
WrestleMania 36 is still only available to WWE Network subscribers. However, this allows fans worldwide to watch all of the past WrestleManias as well as every Royal Rumble, SummerSlam and Survivor Series event; every NXT TakeOver and NXT UK TakeOver; and originals such as the entire WWE 24 docuseries, Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions interview show, the recent five-episode WWE Ruthless Aggression series, the 20-episode series The Monday Night War series, as well as recent episodes of Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown every episode of WWE Untold, and the A Future WWE: The FCW Story documentary are also included.
To start watching now for free, visit watch.wwe.com and create your account to start streaming on your favourite device.
RICKY MORTON DIAGNOSED WITH BELLS PALSY
WWE Hall of Famer and current NWA superstar Ricky Morton has revealed on his The School Of Morton podcast that he was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy.
Jim Ross and Piper Niven have also had bouts with the disease. The WWE Hall of Famer noted he was scared last Tuesday when he began his morning routine.
“Last Tuesday, I woke up and got ready to go to the gym. I went downstairs and had me a cup of coffee and I noticed the coffee running out of my mouth,” Morton said. “It really scared me. I ran in the bathroom and I saw that my face looked disfigured.!
“I thought that I might be having a stroke but I went to the hospital. They told me it was brought on by stress and everything but I have a touch of Bell’s palsy. It looks like it’s starting to clear up a little bit. I can shut my eyes and start talking. I just wanted to tell the wrestling world out there, if you see me, don’t run off. I’m doing good. Physically wise, I’m great.”
MOJO RAWLEY MOVED TO SMACKDOWN
WWE has officially moved Mojo Rawley to the SmackDown roster, seemingly to join his long-time friend and new WWE signing, Rob Gronkowski.
Rawley was a member of the RAW roster until his appearance during Friday’s SmackDown on FOX with Gron, who will be hosting WrestleMania 36 next month.
It’s believed that Gronk will wrestle his first match at WWE SummerSlam in August, but there’s no word yet on if that’s confirmed or if Mojo will be a part of that match.
AEW MOVE FOUR MORE DYNAMITE TAPINGS
AEW has confirmed that four more episodes of Dynamite have been postponed to later dates.
The Dynamite shows that were set for Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on April 22, Houston, Texas on April 29, New Orleans, Louisiana on May 6, and Rio Rancho, New Mexico on May 13 are being relocated. AEW recently announce that due to the coronavirus pandemic, Dynamite will air from closed set locations with only essential personnel in attendance until further notice.
The new dates for these tapings are:
- Philadelphia (The Liacouras Center) – July 29th
- Houston (Fertitta Center) – November 4th
- New Orleans (UNO Lakefront Arena) -December 2nd
- Rio Rancho (Santa Ana Star Center) – December 30th
Those who had already purchased tickets can receive a refund at the point of purchase or have their tickets honoured on the new date. AEW has yet to make an announcement regarding the status of their May 23 Double or Nothing pay-per-view or the post-Double or Nothing episode of Dynamite in Las Vegas.
KENNY OMEGA TO DEFEND AAA TITLE THIS WEEK ON DYNAMITE
AEW has announced that the AAA Mega Championship will be on the line on AEW Dynamite this week, as Kenny Omega will defend his title against Sammy Guevara on this Wednesday.
It will be the first time the title has been defended on Dynamite and the second time it’s been defended in AEW.
Omega’s third defense of the title was set to be against Laredo Kid at AAA Rey de Reyes this past weekend, but AAA announced on March 14th that the show was being postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Both men are to be part of the ‘Blood and Guts’ match made for this week, but that has been postponed.
SAKURA GENESIS AND ROAD TO DONTAKU SHOWS CANCELLED
New Japan Pro Wrestling have confirmed that the Sakura Genesis and Road to Dontaku events have been cancelled, despite Japanese wrestling slowly starting to come back amid the Coronavirus pandemic.
A statement read:
“We deeply apologise to fans who were looking forward to these events. Ultimately, the health and safety of our fans, wrestlers and staff, as well as society at large is our utmost concern, and we will make announcements about events scheduled after April 11 upon careful monitoring of this developing situation.”
The Sakura Genesis show was slated for Tuesday, March 31st at Sumo Hall while the Dontaku show was set for Saturday, April 11th in Sagamihara.