WWE NXT Great American Bash 2021 went down last night with three separate championship matches on the card. One of the titles changed hands via a surprising return on the show. Additionally, a major title match was confirmed for next week with a special guest referee, on the show that took place at the Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida.
WWE NXT Great American Bash 2021,
MSK – Wes Lee and Nash Carter (c) defeated Tommaso Ciampa and Timothy Thatcher to retain the NXT Tag Team Championships in the opening contest of NXT Great American Bash 2021. Ciampa hit the Fairy Tale Ending on Lee while Thatcher applied the ankle lock on him but Carter ran in, to level Ciampa who was sent to Thatcher to break the submission. Lee took advantage of the chaos and rolled up Thatcher for the pin to retain.
– NXT General Manager William Regal called NXT Champion Karrion Kross and Johnny Gargano to the ring in a face-off segment. Regal said he just can’t let them continue to attack each other, week after week. So, a title match between the two for the NXT Championship will take place, next week. He also mentioned that Samoa Joe will be the Special Guest Referee of the match.
– LA Knight (c) defeated Cameron Grimes to retain the Million Dollar Championship. Grimes went for his finisher but Knight rolled out of the way and gave him a DDT on the title belt which the referee didn’t see. Knight then hit Grimes with the BFT to secure the pinfall. After this win of Knight at WWE NXT Great American Bash 2021, Grimes must now be his Butler.
– The competitors for the NXT Breakout Tournament were announced,
– Io Shirai and Zoey Stark defeated Candice LeRae and Indi Hartwell (c) to become the new NXT Women’s Tag Team Champions. Tegan Nox (she was the one behind the battery charger teaser) returned from injury during the match, surprising both the champions. Shirai delivered a drop-kick from behind to them as LeRae was sent to the floor. Stark got the tag as she performed her finisher on Hartwell to get the win.
– Hit Row Records – Ashante “Thee” Adonis, “B-Fab” Briana Brandy, followed by “Top Dolla” AJ Francis had a celebration for Isaiah “Swerve” Scott’s NXT North American Title win from last week. They performed a rap song before making the exit.
– Adam Cole defeated Kyle O’Reilly in the main event of WWE NXT Great American Bash 2021. Cole went for his Panama Sunrise finisher, twice but both the times, Kyle countered. Kyle delivered a mid-air knee-strike on Cole that hurt his knees. Cole took advantage as he hit the Panama Sunrise followed by the Last Shot to pick up the win. Cole celebrated to send the show off-air.