WWE REVEAL SAFETY MEASURES DURING PANDEMIC
There has rightly been a huge amount of talk recently about WWE’s decision to continue producing content during the COVID-19 pandemic. In the recent first-quarter earnings call, Vince and Triple H tried to set investors minds at ease by explaining the measures they were taking to ensure the safety of the stars and other employees.
Vince began, saying:
As far as testing is concerned, we do everything imaginable. You can’t even come on the premises if you have a fever, obviously. We have this whole form you have to fill out, and you have to do it every week, in terms of whether or not you’ve been exposed. It’s a whole long form. We’re doing everything we can for safety and making sure the environment is as good as it possibly can be, not only monitoring our talent and employees as well, anyone who is at the training facility. We’re very careful of how many people are in and out at one time. We put talent in a sequestered hotel. We’re performing in small groups, in terms of waves, as far as in-ring is concerned. We change the turnbuckles and the ropes between matches. We have a ‘pandemic cleaning’ on a very frequent basis. The Clorox 360 stuff, we have something additional as well.
Triple H continued, going into further detail about the cleaning that has been, and continues to be undertaken at the Performance Center:
It’s a company called Allied BioScience. They have a spray that, it’s a process that makes it cling to surfaces and the surface, once it’s coated, it lasts for 90 to 120 days and it acts like a sword that punctures the cell wall of the virus or what causes the virus and kills it on contact. It lasts through even the other cleanings and various levels of everything we’re doing. We coated our facilities at the Performance Center, the warehouses, even our production trucks. We’re taking every precaution that we’ve been advised that is the best practice to take, and then some.
Quotes c/o Fightful.com
TAYNARA CONTI POSTS FIRST MESSAGE FOLLOWING WWE RELEASE
Taynara Conti was released from her WWE contract on black Wednesday. Earlier today the former NXT star released her first public message following her departure.
In the above message, she begins by saying that she is fine, healthy, and looking forward to the future. Partway through the video she admits that she had tried to secure her release a few months prior, but was refused. She goes on to praise the WWE, especially the coaches, saying that she will always have good feelings about WWE in her heart. She says that she learned so much, has picked up the wrestling bug and can’t wait to continue her journey. While she says that she will be staying in the USA for the time being, she did explicitly say that she wanted to work in Japan, which would indeed be a very interesting proposition.
MCINTYRE/ROLLINS CONTRACT SIGNING BOOKED FOR RAW
— WWE (@WWE) April 25, 2020
WWE has announced that Monday’s episode of RAW will feature a contract signing between Drew McIntyre and Seth Rollins for Money In The Banks.
Oh good a contract signing. These things always go exactly to plan in the WWE https://t.co/6cnXjT9ds4
— Drew McIntyre (@DMcIntyreWWE) April 25, 2020
Money In The Bank is scheduled for May 10, and will be broadcast live from WWE headquarters in Stamford Connecticut. Drew sarcastically tweeted out that contract signings always go to plan shortly after.
So far the card for the event looks as follows:
- Women’s Money in the Bank: Asuka vs. Shayna Baszler vs. Nia Jax vs. Dana Brooke vs. Lacey Evans vs. Mandy Rose or Carmella
- Men’s Money in the Bank: Daniel Bryan vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Aleister Black vs. Apollo Crews vs. King Corbin vs. Otis or Dolph Ziggler
- Universal Championship: Braun Strowman (c) vs. Bray Wyatt
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Bayley (c) vs. Tamina
- WWE Championship: Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Seth Rollins
DONALD TRUMP CONGRATULATES TRIPLE H
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 25, 2020
President Trump tweeted his congratulation to Triple H following his 25th-anniversary celebration on last night’s SmackDown.
The President tweeted “[email protected] is a total winner!” in reply to a tweet sent by Vince McMahon. President Trump is a member of the WWE’s Hall of Fame, being inducted in 2013 alongside Mick Foley, Bob Backlund, Trish Stratus, Bruno Sammartino, and Booker T. The President is a long time friend of the McMahon family, taking part in a lengthy storyline, leading to the ‘battle of the billionaires’ at WrestleMania 23.